In the spirit of Mary Ward, those who follow her seek an ever deeper relationship with Jesus in the hope of serving God’s mission as he did.
At the most recent General Congregation of the world-wide Institute (Loyola, Spain September 2014) we were asked:
- In what ways is God inviting us, within our Institute reality, to live this prophetic discipleship in the 21st century; and
- What activities, resources, structures will nurture and sustain, release and unblock the fire and passion within us and in others of the Magis?
From these questions and in a process of communal discernment involving daily faith sharing on the Gospel and days of conversations and discernment, five Calls emerged as the fruit of the Spirit working among us.
The statement reads:
As Mary Ward companions moved by the person of Jesus and the needs of our world today we seek to:
- Reclaim the freshness of the Gospel, allowing Jesus to transform our lives
- Bring those forced to live in poverty to the centre of our life and ministry
- Go where the need is greatest
- Live sustainably, discerning what is enough
- Create the oneness that moves us across boundaries
Acknowledging vulnerability and fragility we turn to Jesus knowing that
…all we need we will find in Him.
– Mary Ward